Thursday, December 4, 2008

How I love this world ......





What is the most beautiful thing about Disco-Music written for a ballet?
You (imagine being the performing artist) don't have to care too much about the masses spread across the globe's dancefloors yearning for cheap hooks and stupid refrains (not that I don't fall for them...). Instead you may care about the MUSIC an make it something unique. I'm incredibly happy that Monsieur Petit got that chance to produce this LP along with some well known (at least for all you Discodiggers) musicians such as Andre Ceccarelli, Piere-Alain Dahan and Jean Schultheis in 1980(what a wonderful year!).
Jean Claude Petit is really going wild on various instruments (see Discogs for the LIST of synths, sequencers and keyboards JCP used) and I therefor praise him. I wanted to write a bit about the songs included, but to be honest I don't where to start and how to reduce it to a bit then. So I quit losing words and move to the point. Due to the fact that this quite rare LP unfortunately has not been reissued wether on CD nor LP I don't have any pangs of conscience to post this beautiful piece of music here or here

I hope you like it!
Cheers,
Basso


P.S. A million thanks to T. and V. for bringing this into my world. Rocko's the name!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliant! thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

oh boy, this looks good! thanx!

Anonymous said...

"This file is unavailable until Dec. 30, 2008 because the uploader's account has reached its download limit." :(
upload to zshare? :)

basso said...

Hi Phat,
thanks for the hint.
When I uploaded the LP there were still 8 gb left before the limit strikes ....... and I didn#t expect too many dls due to the fact that I don't update this place here on a regular basis.
you never know...
the zshare link follows tonite.
I'll leave you a pm over at the chimney...
Best,
Basso

basso said...

Zshare cares for the file now.
Enjoy!

John Zahl said...

Thanks so much for this! I've been wanting to hear the whole thing for a long time, and these digitals will tide me over until I can get my hands on the vinyl. maybe I'll buy your's on discogs. ;)

basso said...

Hi John,
as I mention in the discogs description of this LP for sale there's one cheaper copy in France:
http://www.cdandlp.com/liste/p_produit.cfm?lng=2&seller=0&what=artiste&srt=4&poch=&bargain=&news=&chunksize=48&currency=5&stringa=&stringt=&spop_id=&exact_search=1&pagination_easy_mode=1&n_ref_list=&general_state=&search_mode=3&list_index=1&n_ref=112602457&tete=jean%20claude%20petit&fmt=12&categ_rech=0&page=1&alpha=0
cheers,
Basso

- said...

Ola der Offizielle Growing bin Blogger
I found this film you might like or might find interesting.
Remember life is just .......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdCyJBw9Vlo

peace
Weedmeister

Can't wait to put it on the table friday night!

basso said...

WEEDZ! Crazy you post a comment on this here LP. remember a long time ago we were at the one record shop over here called Zardoz. The one before we started having beer while digging... I had this LP in hand and showed it to you with words like "Do you think this might be something?" You shook your head..... and I shook mine and back it was in the 2€ bin.... I didn't even look at the instrumentation or musicians.... that's what I love about this world.

Anonymous said...

got it :)
thanks basso!
merry xmas

Anonymous said...

thanks very much basso, the first track is off the hook! looking forward to hearing the rest.

erms.

Lolland said...

This album is something else. A magic sound. Synthesizers will eventually conquer the world. Thanks a lot for this rip!

the saucer people said...

A 1980 disco album scored for a ballet with a title taken from Gottfried Leibniz's well-known phrase! I think I have just died and gone to heaven!
Great post and thanks for keeping the link alive for those of us who get with the program a little later than most!

The synths! The synths!

basso said...

If you didn't already - check out Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle.... and meet Leibniz there. It's fun