Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My favourite SNOWBALL



Okay the picture may not fit the music, but I had to ....... I usually don't post single tracks, but in this case (and maybe a few more in the future) I'll make an exception. I do this because I just found another copy of an LP that I almost forgot about. Strange enough, because one of the LP's tracks always accompagnied me (on my mp3 player) for almost 4 years now. Unfortunately I didn't name that mp3 properly. It just said "Tender Storm" and every time I lisened to it I was tenderly blown away. And every time I listened to it I thought "You'll hav to go through your records to find out what this is" and of course forgot about that a minute later. Yesterday I saw a copy of an LP that I already had (at a decent price) and listened to it. You already guessed it: There it was. "Tender Storm" on Snowball's (Kristian Schultze, Curt Cress, ....) Defroster LP from 1977. I love it!!!!!





PS. Four years ago I placed this ca. 150x150x150 cm sized snowball on the local
doggy lawn in the town I studied. It was then coloured by several four-legged artists
.

17 comments:

Gianni aka Cesare Barbetta said...

I'd like to take a copy of this lp from your discogs list.
wonderful track

Jimmy said...

lovely tune!

Calisan said...

Woow increible tema aunque el disco me parece q' no mantiene la misma calidad pero es bueno y te felicito por q' es una rola muy disfrutable!!
Gracias

Anonymous said...

nice track. would love to hear the rest.

Anonymous said...

wow thank you so much,have been looking out for this tune for years,had it the end of an old mix,had no idea of title or artist.kind of forgot all about it.i assumed it was a nu jazz tune,thank you so much for this .

basso said...

yeah, that's exactly what I thought: a new jazz tune

Zer0_II said...

I've noticed you haven't updated in a while. Have you given up on us? I hope not. Take care.

Zer0_II

Steve H said...

oh my god, I forgot this record even existed. I couldn't get your thingy to work (probably my stupid Vista screwing something up), but I just found a seller on ebay in the UK (I'm in the US) with a copy for $30 US, which I grabbed up in desperation. thanks for reminding me!

Maestro said...

Dear Bin,
May I ask you to share your Flyer album by MARTIN AGTERBERG?

Also do you have his next album:"Synshine (1984)"?

Thanks in advance.
Maestro.

basso said...

HI Guys,

first of all: NO giving up!
It's just that there's a lack of time over here and I cannot post as much as I want to. But I'll keep on...
HEy Maestro, that Agterberg LP has nice moments as weel as pretty cheesy tunes. I won't post it here probably. Send me your email (i'll keep it like a secret) adress and I'll send you a link.
cheers,
Basso

Maestro said...

Dear Basso,
Hello,
Thanks for your reply and kindness.

Just click on my name and you can see my profile.
There you'll find my email and the blog I'm a member of.

If you can't find it,I'll post my email here.

Imperiled (AT SIGN) gmail (DOT) com

I'm waiting for your email impatiently.

Cheers,
Maestro.

basso said...

Hey Maestro,
i'll upload the LP this evenning CET and mail you the link then. Why can't I visit your blog? There's probably a lot of interesting stuff going on?
;)Basso

basso said...

Hey Maestro,
I left the link at DREAMCHIMNEY.
Best,
Basso

Maestro said...

Thank you so much basso.
I don't know how to appreciate your kindness.
I was looking for this LP for a long time.
He has just one more LP and I hope I can find that too.

As for your question,you should be a member there.
And if you want to be a member you should send your Gmail address to my email,and I'll ask the blog admin to make an account for you there.

Best Regards,
Maestro

Familie Hoppen said...

iWOULD LIKE TO GET THE MUSIC OF SNOWBALL BUT I CAN'T FIND IT. i SAM THEM ABOUT 30 YEARS AGO (1979) ON THE GERMAN TELEVISION. wHO CAN SEND ME THIS MUSIC.

GRT,
pETER hOPPEN

basso said...

Hallo Peter,
wenn Du auf das Divshare Logo im player zu diesem POst klickst, kanst Du zumindest ein Lid der LP herunterladen. Mehr ist leider nicht zu haben. Viele rüße,
Basso

Familie Hoppen said...

Halli Basso,

Danke fur deine reaction. Das ist schade. Ich habe immer noch ein teil von die Aufnahmen von 1979. Leider schlechte Qualität, aber ich mag sie zur Verfügung. Ich weiß nicht, wie ich sie auf dieser BLG setzen