Is it just me or does anyone else out there think that a lot of the music on this album is way ahead of it's time?
1980, jeez who would have thunk it. In the midst of all that dark & industrial underground electronic music that was around in the early 80s this was made. I thought I knew a bit about the history of house music but a few of tracks on here are at least a decade ahead of their time. As for 'Caramel', I don't think anyone would blink if a DJ dropped that track in a club today! Even when the vibe begins to flow into some really sweet & mellow Jazzy and perhaps classical moments towards the middle of the album, it still retains a sense sophistication that few producers nowadays are able to recreate.
Maybe it IS just me but I think this is a real gem of a thing. Thanks for sharing and if it's your own rip then you've done a mighty fine job because it sounds damn good to me. MP2000 Rules!
I always thought the rip of the René Roussel "Rubriques [Editions Montparnasse 2000 MP128 1980]" album was in 128kbps so that is why I never bothered downloading it as I already had it in 128 then I saw a couple of tracks from the album posted over at Waxidermy in 320 so I was just replacing the two 128 versions I have with the 320 in the folder when it dawned on me "MP128" is the freakin catalogue number not the bitrate and I just checked...this is in 320!!!
dances around the room! the quality is astonishing, now I can dance to the sound of the future with such clarity.
As an aficionado of proto-techno/house music and related sonic anomalies, I have to say that the 'Caramel' track is perhaps the best contender yet for the definitive proto-house/techno track...it has it all, even the tinkly piano medley at the end!
what a great album - just listened to Caramel for the first time an hour ago and was blown away...had it 3 times on repeat since then . So glad i found the whole album and even better... your blog :-) thx for sharing and keep up the great work!!
Enjoy the music! We strongly encourage you to go out and dig the stuff out at your local recordshop, fleamarket, ebay, discogs or simply at GROWING BIN RECORDS.
The sound of a mp3 is NOTHING compared to a vinyl record in VG+ condition or a nice reissue on whatever medium.
All the here featured LPs are out of print. Let us know if they're not or if the owner of the rights doesn't like them being promoted. We will remove the "material" instantly!
We're always happy about your feedback / recommendation / links to nice places as well as contributions to the blog .
14 comments:
What a day!
Thanks!
love it..
the Caramel track sound so right on a soundsystem and also Bivouac track on wrong speeder.
Everyone is a porn star :)
Thanks!
&
Cheers,
forgive my french..everybody of course.
I was referring to Track 3 only :)
Is it just me or does anyone else out there think that a lot of the music on this album is way ahead of it's time?
1980, jeez who would have thunk it. In the midst of all that dark & industrial underground electronic music that was around in the early 80s this was made. I thought I knew a bit about the history of house music but a few of tracks on here are at least a decade ahead of their time. As for 'Caramel', I don't think anyone would blink if a DJ dropped that track in a club today! Even when the vibe begins to flow into some really sweet & mellow Jazzy and perhaps classical moments towards the middle of the album, it still retains a sense sophistication that few producers nowadays are able to recreate.
Maybe it IS just me but I think this is a real gem of a thing. Thanks for sharing and if it's your own rip then you've done a mighty fine job because it sounds damn good to me. MP2000 Rules!
Oh, and thanks for the Jean-Pierre Decerf & Marc Saclays album, tis a good 'un too, the same goes for your Space Funk compilations.
Thanks for this - Caramel in particular is great!
merci beaucoup c super
I always thought the rip of the René Roussel "Rubriques [Editions Montparnasse 2000 MP128 1980]" album was in 128kbps so that is why I never bothered downloading it as I already had it in 128 then I saw a couple of tracks from the album posted over at Waxidermy in 320 so I was just replacing the two 128 versions I have with the 320 in the folder when it dawned on me "MP128" is the freakin catalogue number not the bitrate and I just checked...this is in 320!!!
dances around the room! the quality is astonishing, now I can dance to the sound of the future with such clarity.
As an aficionado of proto-techno/house music and related sonic anomalies, I have to say that the 'Caramel' track is perhaps the best contender yet for the definitive proto-house/techno track...it has it all, even the tinkly piano medley at the end!
what a great album - just listened to Caramel for the first time an hour ago and was blown away...had it 3 times on repeat since then . So glad
i found the whole album and even better... your blog :-) thx for sharing and keep up the great work!!
This just melts me away. I love it - roll on sunny days:-)
Any chance of a re-up please? Thanks!
not possible. my LP is gone. the download was on a crashed HD and Cesare unfortunately doesn't give a fuck about reups. Sorry!
Post a Comment