Sunday, March 13, 2011

sucht + ordnung

Ulrich P. Lask - Lask 2 Sucht + Ordnung
LP ECM Records [ECM 1268] (1984)

Drums, Percussion [Electronic], Arranger [Percussion], Producer - Meinolf Bauschulte
Narrator - Monika Linges, Sigrid Meyer
Lyrics, Vocals, Other [Donky Kong 2] - Maggie Nicols
Composer, Lyrics, Saxophone [Alto, Tenor], Programmer [Computer], Producer - Ulrich P. Lask
Recorded January 1984 at Tonstudio Bauer, Ludwigsburg.

Buy it. Buy it

6 comments:

Gianni aka Cesare Barbetta said...

Try it:
http://www.multiupload.com/JURQOO899R

steve said...

THIS is REALLY OBSCURE! Thanks so much . . . I have many ECM and this is one I have never heard.

Anonymous said...

Was ist das?
Is it Jazz? Is it New Wave? ECM trying to cash in on Neue Deutsche Welle?
Very strange, and I would have hated it in 1984, but as I'm not as narrow minded today as I was back then, I really dig it.
By the way: one of the worst ECM records I have (in fact maybe the worst record I own) is Shankars "The Epidemics" from 1986. It has Steve Vai & Percy Jones on it, but what a crab it is! It's bad musically, it is produced bad (you can't hear Percy Jones at all) and the vocals are below the lowest amateur standard. I even wrote to ECM about how bad this record is - never got an answer....I stopped buying ECM records right then.

Anonymous said...

I had this record and liked it...thanks for the unusual post. Even the artwork is bizarre for ECM. But I agree with the other Anonymous..."The Epidemics"is a horrible record that completely alienated me from Shankar's work after I had been a fan for years.
JR, Los Angeles

JMapother said...

Thank you so much for uploading this. I've been looking for a nice clean copy of this for so long. I d/l'd one several years ago, but the record was very poor, way too much surface noise. Can't believe I randomly searched this today and found this version which is remarkable quality conversion MP3. Thanks again ;)

basso said...

totally missed this. easily one of my favourite 80s ECMs....